Larry Simpson, Program Manager in Willdan's NY office, will moderate a webinar titled "Spring Cleaning with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory - Innovative Energy Solutions on Institutional Property" on March 19, 2015, 2:15 - 2:45 p.m. EST
The SSF invite reads: "The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) of the U.S. Department of Energy is Leading Clean Energy Innovation! Therefore, this spring, NREL and The Security & Sustainability Forum are presenting an introduction into NREL's unique research-based capabilities across a wide spectrum of renewable energy and energy efficiency focus areas. This presentation is coupled with NREL's strong interest in working with institutions and other team members to build upon and advance its own clean research efforts."
Registrants will learn about:
1) Background on NREL (only DOE lab focused on renewable energy & energy efficiency)
2) NREL's Work on DOD, US Governmental, Tribal, and International projects
3) Highlight NREL’s campus as a living laboratory
4) Site Screening & Assessment (i.e. description of proprietary tool – REOpt)
5) Net Zero Energy Building Design & Retrofit initiatives
6) Microgrid evaluations (i.e. Miramar, etc)
8) Data Center Optimization
9) ESI – high level description of latest capabilities across Energy Systems Integration
NREL Senior Engineers Otto Van Geet and Brett Oakleaf will present. For more information on the speakers and to register, visit the Webinar page.