Bill Sewell, Director of Programs, Willdan Energy Solutions, will present on Data Center Energy Efficiency:
Southern California Edison (SCE) will be hosting a 7x24 Exchange Southern California Chapter Meeting at the SCE Alhambra Data Center from 3pm - 6pm on Thursday August 15, 2013.
The meeting topics will cover measures implemented to maximize energy efficiency, the plan for system migration from SCE's existing data center, and the challenges and opportunities that arose through this process. Speakers include:
- Don Piwnica, Manager of SCE's Data Centers
- Bill Sewell, Director of Programs at Willdan Energy Solutions, a Third-Party Program Implementer for the SCE Data Center Energy Efficiency Program (DCEEP).
The presentation will be followed by a tour of the new SCE Alhambra Data Center facility. To register for this event go to: http://www.suretomeet.com/exec/gt/event.h,event=eb7b729049fe.
On August 1, Mr. Sewell also participated in a presentation and panelist discussion hosted by T5 Data Center on The Data Center Capacity Challenge.
This interactive conference featured live demonstrations of how state-of-the-art Predictive Data Center Infrastructure Monitoring can help IT and facility professionals measure current data center demands and anticipate future demands. The presentation was followed by a panel discussion and tour of T5's state-of-the-art Data Center facility in El Segundo, California. Data center owners and vendors engaged the panelists with many thoughtful questions during and after the panel discussion. Speakers and panelists included:
- Sherman Ikemoto, General Manager of Future Facilities North America
- Dave Cole, President of No Limits Software
- Joseph Parrino, Senior Vice President of Data Center Operations at T5
- Andrew Robinson, Owner of Information Systems Architects
- Paul Delaney, Senior Engineer of Southern California Edison's (SCE) EPRI Early Deployment Program for Data Centers
- Bill Sewell, Director of Programs at Willdan Energy Solutions (a Third-Party Program Implementer)