Sewer System Replacements Project, City of Covina, CA – APWA Southern California Chapter Project of the Year (2013), Drainage, Water &Wastewater. The largest sewer pipe-bursting project in Southern California and possibly statewide, this project accomplished 32,000 feet of sewer pipe replacement to overcome capacity constraints. Pipe bursting was the replacement method for 85% of the pipe while the remaining 15% was traditional open trench. Cost savings to the community was about 50% of the bid for traditional open trench placement, and with fewer traffic impacts.
Willdan provided both civil design and construction management/observation services. Since the project was funded using revenue anticipation bonds, our Willdan Financial Services Division is supporting the City in meeting its bond compliance requirements and reporting.
Pictured at the SoCal APWA's 14th Annual Awards Luncheon on December 10, 2013, left to right: Ron Hadloc, City Construction Inspector; Ray Wellington, Project Manager (Willdan); Kalieh Honish, City Public Works Director; Laura Lara, City Assistant Civil Engineer; Daryl Parrish, City Manager; Walter Allen, III, City Mayor.