Energy audit aboard Queen Mary, Long Beach, CA
Marketing and Outreach
At Willdan, we believe that the most crucial piece of the energy puzzle – and the one most often ignored – is meaningful market engagement.
Our marketing and outreach teams accelerate energy program awareness and participation by creating tailored messaging and developing strong working relationships with key stakeholders and decision-makers.
Our scalable approach strategically combines technical proficiency with customer engagement techniques to identify real opportunities for energy improvements that transform markets and deliver measureable results.
- Target outreach to key customers and markets
- Deploy door-to-door sales team
- Develop marketing collateral and messaging
- Plan events
- Research markets and analyze communications
- Facilitate project and eligibility screening
- Implement Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform
Sample Marketing & Outreach Projects
Willdan has managed marketing and outreach on behalf of dozens of successful energy efficiency programs across the country, including:
- CenterPoint Energy – Multiple energy efficiency programs
- Commonwealth Energy – Multiple energy efficiency programs
- Con Edison – Small Business Direct Install Program
- New York City Energy Efficiency Corporation (NYCEEC) – Project Implementor
- New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) – Multiple energy efficiency programs
- Puget Sound Energy (PSE) – Small Business Direct Install Program
- San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) – Multiple Energy Efficiency Programs
Representative Project: Puget Sound Energy (PSE), Small Business Direct Install (SBDI) Program
As the prime contractor for the highly -successful PSE SBDI Program, Willdan engages PSE’s hard-to-reach and underserved business customers and helps customers implement approved energy conservation measures. Through a combination of marketing blitzes, stakeholder education and door-to-door sales, our team has exceeded contract goals and achieved 22.8 million kWh and 30,000 therm gas savings for 3,500 small business customers. As a result of our superior performance, Willdan was awarded the follow-on contract for the 2014-2015 program to deliver 16 million kWh at a program cost of $4.8 million—twice the size of the original program.