Hilton SD Bayfront, SDG&E Energy Champion. Photo by John Livsey for Willdan
SDG&E Lodging Energy Efficiency Program
Willdan Energy Solutions, through a contract awarded by San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E®), implements the Lodging Energy Efficiency Program (LEEP)
in the SDG&E service territory. The program provides customized energy-saving solutions for lodging customers, along with full-service development, management,
and implementation of energy-saving projects.
Willdan has more thna two decades of experience in providing energy efficiency and comprehensive project management services.
- Energy savings project identification, savings calculations and forecasting,including return-on-investment (ROI) calculations
- Investment-grade building energy audits
- Request for Proposal (RFP) development and evaluation assistance
- Energy savings validated upon installation
- On-bill financing for qualifying customers, plus other incentive supportand guidance
- No charge for program services
- Turnkey project support
- Contractor referrals
- ENERGY STAR® benchmarking
- Reduce energy usage and lower electricity bill
- Help customers obtain incentive funds to offset implementation costs andimprove ROI (for SDG&E-approved energy efficiency projects)
LEEP is available to all lodging facilities serviced by SDG&E regardless of size or energy usage. Services are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Bed-and-breakfast facilities
- Casinos with lodging facilities
- Resorts and spas
SDG&E now offers a 20 percent Comprehensiveness Bonus (capped at $25,000 per premise and $100,000 per customer). Please inquire for more details.
Customers in the SDG&E service territory are eligible to receive cash rebates and incentives to subsidize project costs. Willdan identifies energy-saving projects and associated rebates or incentives, then supports you at every step to achieve implementation and available rebates. A brief overview of key LEEP incentive programs includes:
Energy Efficiency Business Rebates (EEBR)
EEBR offers cash rebates for upgrading to energy-efficient lighting, refrigeration and natural gas equipment. Please visit the SDG&E website (www.sdge.com) for the current EEBR catalog of rebate-eligible items.
Energy Efficiency Business Incentives (EEBI)
EEBI offers cash incentives based on the amount of energy (kilowatt hours or therms) saved when you retrofit existing equipment or install new high-efficiency equipment. All projects require pre-inspection, and the incentive amount is capped at 50 percent of the total implementation cost.
Through LEEP we also help qualified lodging customers obtain zero-percent, zero-out-of-pocket financing through SDG&E’s On-Bill Financing Program (OBF).
The Lodging Energy Efficiency Program (LEEP) is funded by California
utility customers and administered by San Diego Gas & Electric Company (SDG&E®) under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission,
through a contract awarded to Willdan Energy Solutions. California
customers who choose to participate in this program are not
obligated to purchase any additional services offered by the contractor.
The trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.